Techniques of web scraping
Accessing data can be done in a number of ways. The common methods used are browsing, using API and by just parsing the web pages when provided with the code. The lasting method has been referred to as web scraping. The second method is only applicable if the website you want to extract data provides such system before.
It is important to note that web scraping is a recent field that has realized active developments and milestones that have a common goal. These developments also have a semantic in web and data vision. It has been regarded as an ambitious initiative which still is in the process or in need of breakthroughs in text processing, artificial intelligence, human-computer interactions and semantic understanding. Web scraping has often been regarded to favor practical solutions by basing them on relevant technologies and that have been previously been ad hoc. It is important to note that there are number different levels in which the web scraping technologies employed by loginworks can be used.
1. Human copy and paste. Most have argued that even the best web scraping technology may not be able to perform or surpass manual examination and the copy and paste techniques. Web scraping therefore becomes the ultimate solution in getting the right information on a given niche over a short time.
2. Regular expression and text gripping matching. This can be a simple technique but yet a powerful method of extracting data or information from the internet. Most web pages may be based on the UNIX grip command or even regular expression matching resources of the commonly used programming languages. The common ones being for instance Perl and Python. With this technique of web scraping, it is important to realize that a lot of information can be obtained by our web scraping services in this way.
3. HTTP programming. It may sometimes be a real challenge in retrieving information from dynamic and static web pages. Our web scraping adequately caters for this and thereby guarantees you data from such sites. This may be done by the posting HTTP requests to the remote servers by using socket programming. By this, we assure our clients of accurate data that may have a challenge in obtaining from such pages.
4. DOM parsing. By use of embedded full-fledged web browser like internet explorer or even Mozilla web browser control, you are able to retrieve dynamic contents that have been generated by Clint side scripts. It is important to realize that this programs of our web scraping services can also parse web pages into DOM tree by basing the argument. On parts that can be retrieved from parts of the web pages.
5. HTML parsers. This is some of the semi-structured data query languages which may include XQuery and even the HTQL which can be used in parsing HTML pages and thereby retrieving and transforming the web content. Our web scraping services are dedicated to getting all the information for your business including the HTML pages.
6. Vertical aggregation platforms. By web scraping, several companies have been developed by vertical and specific harvesting platforms. These platforms are meant to create and monitor numerous bots that are meant for specific verticals. By use of this technique, preparation is done by establishing the knowledge base meant for entire vertical and then create platforms automatically. We measure our platforms by the quality of information that is obtained. This ensures that robustness of our platforms used is of getting the quality information and not just chunks of useless data.
7. Semantic annotation reorganizing. Our web scraping services even cater for web pages that embrace semantic or metadata markup and annotations which may be meant in locating specific snippets. The annotations may be embedded in the pages and this may be seen as DOM parsing. Our web scraping service can retrieve data instructions from any layer of web pages.
Loginworks is dedicated to getting quality and enough data to enable a company make sound decisions. We employ a number of techniques based on the information you want and the complexity of the web pages that are in the target.